(budesonide/formoterol fumarate dihydrate, inhalation powder)
WockAIR® is indicated in adults and adolescents (12 years and older) for the regular treatment of asthma, where use of a combination (inhaled corticosteroid and long-acting β2 adrenoceptor agonist) is appropriate:¹
WockAIR® is indicated in adults, aged 18 years and older, for the symptomatic treatment of patients with COPD with forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV1) <70% predicted normal (post bronchodilator) and an exacerbation history despite regular bronchodilator therapy¹
1. WockAIR® SmPC
2. Symbicort Turbohaler SmPC
3. Wockhardt Data on File
4. British National Formulary accessed August 2021
5. Global Initiative for Asthma. Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention 2021. Available from www.ginasthma.org Accessed Aug 2021
*Symbicort and Turbohaler are registered trademarks of the AstraZeneca AB
6. Virchow JC, Weuthen T, Harmer QJ, Jones S. Identifying the features of an easy-to-use and intuitive dry powder inhaler for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease therapy: results from a 28-day device handling study, and an airflow resistance study. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2014;11(12):1849–57.
7. Janson C, et al. Thorax 2020;75:82–84. doi:10.1136/thoraxjnl-2019-213744. Carbon footprint impact of the choice of inhalers for asthma and COPD.